It’s officially Earth Month, and what better way to celebrate our planet than by supporting businesses that give back in big ways? Meet tentree, the badass sustainable and eco-conscious company that plants ten trees for every purchase and utilizes a blend of the world’s most sustainable materials in all of their products! At The LA Fashion Magazine we love fashion, but even more so we love fashion that provides solutions to climate change, and that’s what make companies like tentree so special. With clothing and accessories for men, women and children, each product comes with a ‘tree token’ on the hang tag which (once registered online) tells you the exact location of the ten trees you’ve planted through the company. Being in business since 2013, tentree has already planted 54 million trees around the world-their mission being to plant 1 billion trees by 2030-launched Climate+ (a program that makes offsetting carbon emissions from your daily pleasures like steamy showers, daily drives etc. easier than ever before) and continue to provide education and jobs centered around the importance of trees and how to rehabilitate ecosystems. If that’s not a reason to shop til you drop with their commitment to plant projects, ethical manufacturing and sustainable essentials, then all the amazing things they’re doing this Earth Month will!
In honor of Earth Month, tentree is teaming with like-minded champions of sustainability: Nature’s Path, Pela Case, PATH, Wilson Sporting Goods and Tru Earth, to introduce Planet Partners and, of course, plant trees. “We believe that big change starts small. Small as in bringing your reusable tote to the grocery store, making fewer, more thoughtful purchases, and choosing to purchase sustainably when you do. These small choices add up (trust us, we’ve done the math) and we’re here to celebrate each and every one of them” says tentree.
- Nature’s Path is North America’s largest organic breakfast and snack food company and their mission is to raise awareness about the significant impact our diet and food choices have on our carbon footprint through working in harmony with nature, “mirroring it’s patterns and its ancient wisdom…we’re passionate about protecting our planet and leaving this earth better than we found it.”
- From April 1-7, Nature’s Path will be planting 10 trees for every item purchased on their online shop to achieve a goal of 100,000 trees planted. Nature’s Path will also be donating 100,000 bowls (12,000 lbs of food) to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank on behalf of tentree.
- Pela Case is a certified B Corporation company making everyday products without everyday waste, including the world’s first compostable phone case (cue my happy dance!). Their goal is to educate and inspire a global community to consider the benefits of composting and investing in zero waste products to support a regenerative, circular economy.
- From April 8-14, Pela Case will be planting 10 trees for every phone case sold on pela.earth and has pledged to plant 150,000 trees in honor of Earth Month.
- PATH was created to forge the path to end single-use plastic bottles by offering a solution that encourages refilling instead of tossing away after a single use, and ultimately create a better future for our oceans, wildlife and health. They’re the first brand to introduce reusability in the beverage industry with its line of infinitely refillable and 100% recyclable aluminum bottles!
- On April 15, tentree and PATH will debut a co-designed, lightweight and infinitely refillable bottled water that will be available for purchase for $10 on drinkpath.com. 10 trees will be planted for every refillable bottled water purchased, with a minimum commitment to plant 100,000 trees in partnership with tentree.
- Wilson Sporting Goods is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high performance sports equipment, apparel and accessories, their mission being to advance sustainability in the sporting goods industry by developing innovative solutions that protect the planet without sacrificing performance.
- On Earth Day, April 22nd, Wilson will introduce The Naked Series, featuring four of Wilson’s most sustainable rackets yet. Design and material enhancements for the limited-edition series will be revealed closer to Earth Day. In addition to new-to-market innovation. Wilson is pledging to plant 125,000 trees, plus an additional 2,500 trees from the sale of each racket, as part of Wilson’s commitment to planting more than 1 million trees.
- Tru Earth started as a way to make everyday home cleaning routines a little greener by providing consumers with an eco-friendly zero waster laundry detergent in the form of ultra-concentrated, hypoallergenic strips.
- On April 29, tentree will be launching co-branded laundry strips in collaboration with Tru Earth. The co-branded strips will be available exclusively on tentree’s website. Additionally, Tru Earth will be planting 1 tree per item purchased via their website that week and is committed to planting 250,000 trees with tentree.
You can literally be the change you want to see in the world, and get some feel-good fashions when you #shopsustainable and shop with tentree. #LAFMApproved